A portable, easy-to-handle CT system
Recently the computed tomography (CT) became more and more important as a non-destructive ins-pection method for the industry. CT provides a fast visualization of a threedimensional volume model of the outer and inner structure of an object that can be interpreted even by laymen. However, up to now the acquisition costs and the relatively complicated operation often prevented a widespread adoption of computed tomography systems.
In order to approach these problems the Fraunhofer Development Center X-Ray Technology EZRT developed CTportable, a mobile, compact tabletop system for the inspection of small objects made of plastics, textiles, ceramics, light metal, biological materials and the like.
The smallest mobile CT system worldwide
With its dimensions of approx. 350 x 300 x 230 mm (l x w x h) the space requirement of the CT system is minimal, moreover the low weight of approx. 20 kg ensures maximum mobility. Thus the CTportable is the smallest and lightest CT system in its market segment at present. These features enable the user to apply the system flexibly at any location without the necessity of transporting the samples or components to a laboratory.
CTportable is especially suitable for demonstration purposes as well as for mobile services or an application in arbitrary laboratories. The CT system can not only be utilized by universities or research institutions in the fields of e.g. biology, geology and archaeology, but also by the industry, especially for the nondestructive testing for quality assurance in the areas of electrics, plastics, textiles and ceramics. The range of applications also includes rapid prototyping.
- Photon counting Medipix2 Quad detector
- High image quality, no dark noise
- High dynamic range
- Basis materials analysis, Dual Energy CT
- Extended field of view function
- Helical CT for avoiding Feldkamp artifacts
- Isotropic resolution in all layers
- Highly accurate dimensional measurement
- Plug&Play via USB connection
- Large windows for demonstrations
- Ergonomic design, easy to handle
- Compact and light design for easy transport
- Application-adapted variants
- Fully shielded system