The CT-LAMINO is the ultimative 3D X-Ray Inspection System for PCB Assemblies up to the size of 355mm by 355mm. The latest development of the Fraunhofer Reconstruction Software will apply.
The CT-LAMINO combines 2D inspection and reconstructed slice by slice inspection of BGA, Flipchip, CSP, and MCM solder joints on single sided as well as on double sided printed circuit boards.
Also 3D views for the third party documentation are available. The format of the reconstructed dataset can be imported in most common visualization software.
The CT-LAMINO is developed for three dimensional analysis of components or solder joints on printed circuit boards or flat outlined products.
The user is interested in defect detection and measurements in two and three dimensional directions. The three dimensional Dataset generation is done automatically by the CT-LAMINO by collecting the off-axis images and reconstructing these to a dataset of 512 by 512 pixels by adjustable number of slices in depth.
The CT-LAMINO contains three major elements.
- The X-Ray tube is located in the bottom of the construction and can move up and down for geometrical magnification.
- The X and Y table for carrying the specimen and move it to the pre-programmed position very precisely.
- The Flat Panel Detector, mounted on a X and Y table to generate the obligue views of the pre-defined positions. The distance from the focal Spot of the open tube to the detector is 300mm maximum. The travel length of the tube axes is 100mm. So minimum distance will be 200mm to the detector. The max theoretical geometrical magnification will calculate as: 200mm devided by 2mm is 100 fold. The 2mm is the focal spot distance of 0.25mm plus carbon fiber specimen plate of 1.5mm plus gap of 0.25mm between tube and carbon fiber. From the center of 0 degrees the Detector can move to an angle of max 45 degrees. From there it rotates one full circle and takes 45 degrees off-axis images to a maximum number of 64. In order to make sure the images are always of the same, pre-defined field of view the system software controls the position of the specimen XYtable accordingly. After taken the 64 images the reconstruction
- Industrial X-ray Computed Tomography (CT)
- 3D volume CT
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) – 2D and 3D
- Quality control independent of material
- Defect recognition (voids, cracks, …)
- Contactless metrology
- CT reconstruction in real-time
- Ring artefact suppression
- Helix CT
- Easy operation
- Radiation safety better than 1 µSv/h